In most cases, if you want to visit Egypt, you will need to obtain an Egypt visa prior to your trip.
Egypt is one of the world’s oldest civilizations, with unified kingdoms dating back to 3000 BC, during the reign of the Pharaohs. The country connects northeast Africa to the Middle East and is home to thousand-year-old monuments such as Giza’s massive Pyramids (one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World), the Sphinx, and ancient tombs adorned with hieroglyphs.
Most people who want to visit these breathtaking ancient sites, however, will need to apply for an Egypt Visa. Fortunately, the Egyptian government has made the process of obtaining a visa easier for many people.
How to get an Egypt tourist visa?
The Egypt tourist visa is a type of Egypt visa that is issued for a short period of time – up to 90 days. Nationals of the above-mentioned countries are exempt from applying for an Egypt tourist visa prior to travel, but they must obtain a visa if they intend to stay in Egypt for an extended period of time.
Furthermore, nationals of a number of other countries are eligible to obtain an Egypt Tourist Visa upon arrival in Egypt or online.
Note: Those who are eligible for an Egypt Tourist Visa On Arrival or Online must still apply at an Egyptian embassy or consulate if they intend to stay in Egypt for an extended period of time.
Sites form where you can apply for Egypt Visa:
What are the requirements for an Egypt visa?
- Passport: You must bring your actual signed passport, as well as two copies of your passport’s personal information page.
- Proof of Travel ArrangementsProof of travel arrangements for the duration of your trip is required. Details about your intended arrangements must include:
- Include two copies of an itinerary or e-ticket that shows your round-trip travel as well as your destination’s entry and exit dates.
- Display the traveler’s full name (as printed in his or her passport)
Visa Application Form
You must submit one original and one copy of the visa application form included with this kit. The application forms must include:
- Include responses for all fields.
- Show your full name exactly as it appears on your passport.
- To be signed
- Fill in the “Other Information” box with the name of your employer. Instead of an employer, use “Student” or “Retired” if applicable.
How long does an Egypt visa take?
How much is the Egypt visa fee?
|Visa type||Visa fees|
|איין פּאָזיציע visa (Tourism)||$ קסנומקס|
|Multiple entries visa (Tourism)||$ קסנומקס|
How long can I stay in Egypt on a tourist visa?
Your Egypt visa is valid for 90 days from the time it is granted (usually several days after you apply). You can stay in Egypt for a maximum of 30 days during the validity period of 90 days.
Can I get my e-Visa when I arrive in Egypt?
No, before traveling to Egypt, travelers should apply for an e-Visa. The approved e-Visa will enable the traveler to save time at border control.